Monday, March 2, 2020

I'm so sorry!

Wow...three years almost since I've been in here. So much has happened. The garden remodel has been amazing but...as everything eventually does, the ground cover we put under the rock has begun to degrade and that horrible grass is once more taking over. So, this spring we're doing a small garden just in the big tractor tires while we tear up the fenced in garden once more and remodel again. We've got some new ideas so I'll be sure to post some pictures of the before and after. I can't wait until it's done and I can plant in it once more.

We'll be growing a couple of new things this year- ground cherries, for one, as my fruit trees aren't doing great and I'm not getting enough fruit for things like jams and jellies so I have to do something different for fruit. I've heard good things about ground cherries so that's what we're going to try. I'm also going to try cabbage again- I posted about it in one of my earlier posts from 2017 and those darned cabbage moths devoured them! This year we're going to build some tents out of mesh to keep the moths off and hopefully we'll be fermenting our own sauerkraut in no time :D

Anyway, I'll post pictures and let you all know how things are progressing once we get started, probably later this month or into the first of April, depending on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment